Sunday, June 21, 2015

Week 63 - Zoetermeer Ziekenhuis

With the Robinsons! 


With Zr. Robinson!  /  With the zone leaders 

Hey train ride 


Halloooo! This weekend we were inside for three days because both my poor companions got pretty sick.. first one with a bad fever, then a stomach flu. I might've originally gotten them sick- I didn't feel too great last week myself, but luckily it didn't last too long for me- the worst part was that I woke up the morning of zone training with a barely audible voice, so had to have my comps help out with singing "A Whole New World" (I'll send you the lyrics- the genius Z. Voss did it again, she's so good at making parodies).. haha I got talked into coming up with and singing a disney parody with the zone leaders to present our zone vision again, so in case I didn't embarrass myself in public enough with "Let It Glow"...(: 

Wijkzoetermeer heard why we couldn't make it to church and is so kind and brought us all types of delicious healthy food/ basically a sweet older lady's entire herb garden, it's so touching how they really take us missionaries in under their wings and treat us as if we're their own children. I got lots of study time, as well as cooking/ cleaning/ napping/ writing/ running laps along the balcony to get some fresh air when I got stir-crazy/ calling people time. But luckily we're all feeling much better, just in time to start a new busy week. 

Here's a story that I'm pretty sure any sister missionary serving in Belgium can relate to: We were sitting on the train coming pack from Brussels (to work on some Visa paperwork so Z. Nyakoh, who lives in Belgium, can go across the channel to the Preston MTC for 13 days), and I was sitting in a row by myself because I didn't feel too well and wanted to catch some zzzzs. As I woke up from my nap, I made eye contact with a smelly, tan, middle-aged man walking past who curled his lips into a smile and said in broken English, "I love you" a few times, then reached for my hand and smooched it. Hey, I'll take the hand over the cheek/ lips, right? Ha the good part though was that I met two nice American tourist women sitting behind me who offered to be my bodyguards for the rest of the ride, and turns out one of them has an LDS step-mom in SLC. 

We had a really neat RaD in front of the church with a nice young Christian student from Curacao named Gilberto, but he's going on vacation for a few months so that's always a little tricky. We take turns cooking for each other on the rare nights that we don't have dinner appts, which is so fun. You know we're good friends when we're not even sick of each other after being in the same apt together allll weekend. (: 

Have a good time at the reunion! Ik hou van jullie. 
Liefs, 
Zuster Riley (: 


Zr. Verdegam! 
 
Isn't she so cute! / Z. Lemich is so creative and made us around-the-world "cupcakes", so lekker and fun

Course 1 from my night to cook- creamy avocado pesto and pumpkin muffins (thanks for the pumpkin, mom(: ) 

Throwing our lunches together real quick, hello veggies 

Nederland is beautiful, and instead of playing out back on the tramp, they play on the blow-up raft in the back canal haha

From the Robisons' blog:

Den Haag Zone
 Singing the birthday song

Eating at zone conference (guess who's loading her plate with lettuce??!!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment